1) Do GRAM™ Skincare products work for people of color? Answer:
Yes, the GRAM™ Skincare line of products is effective for all skin types, without regard to ethnicity.
2) The GRAM™ Skincare literature and packaging indicates that the products are paraben free. What are parabens? Answer:
Parabens are preservatives that some skin-care brands use to prolong the life of their products. Unfortunately, parabens have been linked to several forms of cancer. It has been discovered that parabens mimic the action of estrogen, which is considered to be a possible cause of breast cancer.
3) What does it mean when it is said that GRAM™ Skincare products are "pharmaceutical grade"? Answer:
There are four grades of products: 1) Pharmaceutical Grade; 2) Cosmetic Grade; 3) USP Grade; and 4) Food Grade. Pharmaceutical Grade ingredients are of the absolute highest quality available. Dr. Gram feels that you should only put the best on your skin because it is the only one you have.
4) Why do I need to moisturize? Answer:
There are many reasons why using a moisturizer is important.
a. GRAM™ Skincare daily moisturizer has anti-oxidants to help protect your skin for free radicals.
b. Helps prevent skin dehydration which is also known as Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL).
c. Daily moisturizing helps prevent premature aging.
5) What causes signs of premature skin aging? Answer:
Stressors such as UV radiation, hormonal, smoke, pollution, humidity changes and chronic stress attack your skin daily. These stressors are the sparks that form free radicals, helping cause a destructive chain of reactions that result in premature signs of aging in skin-loss of firmness; lines and wrinkles; and loss of vitality and radiance.
6) My skin is very sensitive to certain aromas and harsh chemicals. What GRAM™ Skincare products can I use daily that won't aggravate my delicate skin? Answer:
GRAM™ Skincare products are for all skin types and are engineered for sensitive skin. GRAM™ Skincare’s philosophy is based on the creation of products that are mild, yet highly effective.
7) Why are antioxidants important in skin care? Answer:
In the natural aging process, oxidative stress occurs at a rate at which the body/skin is no longer able to fully neutralize free radicals. Free radicals accelerate the cellular damage known to cause premature aging. Antioxidants work to neutralize free radicals and reduce this oxidative stress.
8) What skin care benefits have been shown after use with antioxidants? Answer: Restoration:
Antioxidants reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Evens skin tone and smoothes the texture of skin. Protection:
Antioxidants neutralize free radicals before extensive damage occurs.
Antioxidants defend against further damage caused by everyday environmental factors (e.g., sun, wind, heat, pollution, etc.)
9) Why is salicylic acid (SA) used in the GRAM™ Skincare acne products instead of benzoyl peroxide (BPO)? Answer:
We use Salicylic Acid (SA) because it is safe and effective for blemish prone skin. SA is a beta hydroxyl acid that is a mild but very effective antiseptic. In addition, SA is an exfoliating ingredient that controls blemishes. Studies have shown that products that contain benzoyl peroxide (BPO) prematurely age the skin. Moreover, the FDA has expressed concerns about the use of BPO in skin care products because BPO is converted into free radicals, which causes skin damage, as well as premature aging.